Re: can one use the floppy install to get to the minimal bootable CD to do a Network install?

Incoming from Rick Berger:
> Hi, I have a box which won't boot from it's CD, but the CD can be
> accessed once a system going. I'd like to do a Network install using
> DHCP, which I believe is not supported by the floppies. So is it
> possible to start the installation with the floppies and switch to the
> minimal bootable CD?

If you have a Sarge netinst CD, I believe there's a "ubm.bin" (or
something) that you can write to a floppy.  Boot from that, it'll ask
you what to do, choose boot CD.  The Sarge netinst can do the rest.

ubm.bin is in one of the Sarge CD's top level directories.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -