Re: Debian Backup

Chris Robinson wrote:

Hi

We are used to suppling SCSI Servers with SCSI DAT tape backup solutions.

If I start supplying Debian, what is a good backup device and method?

Regards

Chris

SCSI DAT drives should works just fine with Debian, it's finding a piece of software to match your requirements that can be difficult... Software ranges from the very simplest, just using tar (the venerable Tape ARchiver) to the much more complicated (Amanda, Bacula), with many many more in between.

HTH,
Chris

--
Chris Boot