Re: Re: Computer goes unacceptably slow [2.6 hangs on IBM ThinkCenter]

Hi

Did you already fix this problem? I met the similar problem on a IBM
ThinkCentre too. I found that this problem will gone if IO-APIC option
of processor is turned off (X86_UP_IOAPIC = n) on my machine. This
option will be turned on automatically for SMP, which means it will be
turned on when the HT feature is enabled. So to resolve the problem, the
HT should be disabled, and also the IO-APIC support for uniprocessor
should be turned off.
I'm not sure that we met the same problem, could you try this solution
and give me your result?

Gang Chen