Re: Using entire screen on laptop

Bob Alexander wrote:
Jimmy B wrote:

I installed and ran fbset but got a "No such device" message. I'm guessing that support for framebuffer devices is not enabled in the kernel?
I just downloaded the kernel sources and am about to recompile my kernel.

Howdy Jimmy.

Better reply on the list so others can benefit.

Sorry about that, your email went in the 'to' field by misstake =)

Yes you will find FB in the Graphics options of the kernel.

Take care,
Bob

I wonder about my graphics card. lspci gives me
VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. VT8636A [ProSavage KN133] AGP4X

In the graphics section in menuconfig I can only find S3 Savage support, would that be about right?