Re: Re: Printing and silly students

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 22:42:38 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

>CUPS probably has some accounting functionality.  Googling for
>CUPS accounting' brought up some interesting pages.
Sort of. If at all possible (which it doesn't look like right now),
I'd like to avoid putting together an entirely new server running
Windows just to authenticate against.

>Does this help? http://www.wlug.org.nz/CupsAccounting
This brings up a tool called pyKota. I'm still a bit unsure as to how
to get this to show which user is printing. I seem to remember that
the CUPS web interface had a way to start and stop jobs. Does anyone
know if I could have the user send their job, then go to the web
interface and login to approve/start their job?

Cheers,
Jonathan Lassoff