Re: [Way OT] perl, CGI, and sendmail

David <dbree@duo-county.com> writes:

> I know this ain't Debian but I've racked my brain on this.
>
> Been experimenting with CGI, using perl.  I have a form that generates
> the needed variables, etc.
>
> I have it to where when I submit the data, the mail is sent and I
> receive it (FWIW, using exim4), Exim doesn't report any errors, but I
> get a 500 error (Internal Server Error) from apache (1.3.33-4).

Check your apache error logs, and you probably don't want to be using
sendmail/exim directly (its cranky as hell). The perl module
Mail::Sender (libmail-sender-perl) makes sending email a cinch.

--
Stephen Patterson steve@patter.mine.nu http://patter.mine.nu/
Linux Counter No: 142831 GPG Public key: 252B8B37