Re: copy partition from a remote server

Nelson Castillo írta:
On Apr 8, 2005 2:42 PM, BAGI Akos <abagi@compuflex.hu> wrote:

Hi List!

Hi.
The problem is the following:

The remote machine (sarge) has a hdd with 5GB data.
It's accessible via ssh over the web.
I want to make a partition backup from it to a hdd in my office
to be able to replace the remote hdd with the backup one if the remote
hdd crashes (and no other installation is required).
I know that dd can do it locally.
But how to backup the hdd image remotely?

Check:
http://cgi.afc.no-ip.info/svnwiki.cgi/default/mirror%20a%20linux%20installation
Not available at nights (GMT -5).

Bandwith is no problem ( for me :) )

At the time I have a 512 kb ADSL and I will change to 1.5 MB soon.
To backup the remote system will take time but I hope in some hours will do it.
Theoretically 5GB at 512kbit/s(~60 kbyte/sec) will take 4.6 hours.
(1,5 hrs@1,5mbit/s)
The link you sent me is very good, helped a lot.
The link on that page is even better for me.

http://www.linuxfocus.org/English/March2005/article370.shtml

Lucky you :)
I hope so!