Re: How to stop SSH doing reverse lookup?

On Apr 4, 2005 5:26 PM, Alvin Oga <aoga@mail.linux-consulting.com> wrote:
> Chuk Goodin <chukgoodin@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >     > putting SSH: <ComputerX hostname> in hosts.allow
> >     > putting ALL: <ComputerX hostname> in hosts.allow

as previously mentioned, it's sshd: not ssh:

ssh will do reverse dns lookup when:

        /etc/hosts.allow
                sshd : paranoid

        - or -

        /etc/hosts.deny
                sshd : paranoid
                all : paranoid

                "paranoid" will for the reverse lookup

        - you can use the allow/deny with "except" and
        do the double negative too

Would there be anything I could do in the way of setting public keys that would bypass the lookup? Also, since I don't see the "possible breakin attempt" in my logs anymore, I'm worried that there might be some kind of automatic blacklist somewhere -- is that true?

--
chuk