Re: gkrellm

On Thursday 07 April 2005 04:58, hja123 wrote:
>Hi folks,
>I have installed lm_sensors and gkrellm but I still cannot monitor
> the voltages and temperatures. gkrellm config showed that they are
> not available. Under kernel config, I have selected 'fan' and
> 'processor' under the ACPI support options. README and yahoo have
> not helped either.
>
>anyone has got voltages and temps working on gkrellm?
>
>hja123

Generally speaking, you will need the stuff, quite a bit of it anyway
that pertains to your mobo's chipset, in the i2c section of a make
xconfig.  And occasionally it works better as modules than builtin.
For my particular mobo, an lsmod is showing:
w83627hf               29224  0
i2c_sensor              3072  1 w83627hf
i2c_isa                 1920  0
i2c_nforce2             5632  0
i2c_core               17808  10
mt352,cx88xx,i2c_algo_bit,tuner,tveeprom,or51132,w83627hf,i2c_sensor,i2c_isa,i2c_nforce2

for the sensors usages.  i2c_core shows more links that that because
all the stuff to run my pcHDTV-3000 card is also loaded at the
moment.  Gkrellm is working fine here.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)