Re: Grub issues booting Win xp

On (07/04/05 00:55), Kevin Börgens wrote:
> Hi
>
> > If you are sure that the grub settings are OK, then try to boot your
> > computer with XP installation disc, select R for recover, log onto your
> > Windows installation in console mode and try typing "FIXBOOT", then reboot.
> I don't see what this would help. I want to keep grub as the main bootloader
> and this would just overwrite grub with the win xp booloader.
It may overwrite the grub boot loader but windows likes to be the only
game in town.  Make a boot floppy (there's a 'grub in debian howto' at
linux orbit but I couldn't reach it just now).  Install the windows
bootloader, boot with the grub floppy and reinstall grub on the mbr.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...