Re: Re: snd-bt-sco.ko modprobe success?

Jack wrote:
Hey Markus!

I managed to build snd-bt-sco.ko - my problem is building
snd-hwdep.ko, on which snd-bt-sco.ko depends.

You need your current kernel's source - either from kernel.org or a
Debian kernel-source-* package - to build a kernel module.

Kernel modules are built many ways - I used the "Debian" way: I made a
rough Debian bluetooth-alsa package
(http://cgi.sfu.ca/~jdbates/debian/pool/bluetooth-alsa/). Install
bluetooth-alsa-source. From your kernel's source directory, run:

make-kpkg ... --added-modules <"bluetooth-alsa" | path to
bluetooth-alsa> ... modules_image

Install the resulting bluetooth-alsa-modules-* package.

I can't make more progress with bluetooth-alsa till I can build
snd-hwdep.ko, & I'm still struggling to manually add
"CONFIG_SND_HWDEP=m" to my .config
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/178252).

If anyone has suggestions, they'd be very gratefully appreciated!

Thanks!

Jack
Dear Jack:
I read your files and  they are very helpful. You meet the problem
because  you need a kernel with the emu10k1
driver(Devices->Sound->Alsa->ISA->emu10k1) selected (this is one of
the drivers that forces the inclusion of the implementation of
"snd_hwdep_new"). You can find it from
:http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/. After u include the driver as
a module. You may solve the problem. Hope it help!

Regards!

Mike Zhou