Re: Deleting weird-named files

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 12:30 -0400, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 April 2005 12:17 pm, Ed Curtis wrote:
[snip]
> 2) When all else fails, I go to the directory in Konqueror, and delete the
> file from Konq.  It's never failed.  I don't know if Gnome's file manager (or
> other file managers) will do the same, since I haven't tried.

In this same vein, a tiny python scriptlet:
import os
os.unlink('--exclude=*.jpg')

Perl certainly can do something similar.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

After seeing all the viruses, trojan horses, worms and Reply
mails from stupidly-configured anti-virus software that's been
hurled upon the internet for the last 3 years, and the time/money
that is spent protecting against said viruses, trojan horses &
worms, I can only conclude that Microsoft is dangerous to the
internet and American commerce, and it's software should be
banned.