X not starting "

[lots of init stuff, vesa works fine, card is detected,
mouse is working fine]

Then this:

-->
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
Warning: font renderer for ".pcf" already registered at...
<--

This message I only see on the screen where I type xinit -
it does not show up in /var/log/XFree86.0.log where the last
lines are the 'font renderer' messages as well, but right
before it comes the mouse initialisation.

How can I get rid of this. I found that error message at
several places with Google, yet I did not find any of it
resolved.

Please, I want to get X working on this box. xkbcomp stuff
is not fatal... hah.

Alexander