Re: Shockwave?

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 20:26, Debian User wrote:
> It makes no sense that macromedia has a flash for linux but no
> shockwave, there company said they would consider it if it had a couple
> of thousand requests..

They don't support Flash on all of Linux or other Free Software platforms
either: just Linux/x86.  Plenty of signatures have been added to petitions to
get them to port it to the rest of Linux, but they don't seem to care.

> Hello!! Linux is coming the OS over windows it makes sense for companys
> that support software/plugins and drivers that can use linux.. I bet
> Microsoft has a big tie in this I was told that companys that support
> linux have to pay microsoft more for licensing if this is true shouldnt
> microsoft get in trouble?

Well, Microsoft is already in trouble, and has been *convicted* in the past,
but they're a huge corporation, and it simply doesn't matter to them.  Modern
corporations have about as much power as kings used to, including the ability
to live above the law, bribe governments to support them, etc.  Worst thing
is that people often miss this fact, and don't realise that the corporations
hold so much power over them.

Basically, the choices boil down to living at the whim of your landlords, , or
choosing and/or creating non-proprietary alternatives, thereby avoiding stuff
like Shockwave.  Might want to read up at http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/ :)

--
Lee.