Re: DNS Problem: BIND on new NS Won't Respond

Alvin Oga wrote:

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Jon Dowland wrote:

Hal Vaughan wrote:

They're defaults for a reason: make sure you don't do anything drastic, based on only one reply to your message!

so please do elaborate on what the purpose of those defaults are
and why his dns servers is not working
The purposes of the defaults are explained in the comments for the relevant files in /etc/bind. I cannot tell you what is wrong with his name resolution based on the information provided, however I know of 2-3 working debian bind systems which retain these defaults.