Re: Multiple dhcp servers on same machine possible?

--- John Smith <netman1@home.nl> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> 	is it possible/wise to run two dhcp server
> processes,
> each serving a network that are not routed to each
> other from
> the same machine? Using devicenames and seperate
> dhcpd.conf,
> .pid, lease and log files, I think it must be
> possible. Anybody
> try this? Experiences, pitfalls? Can I use
> sub-interfaces
> (lan2:3) with dhcpd?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Jan.

Hello Jan,

Of course you can run two dhcp in the same machine,
but you do not need to have two diferent dhcpd.conf
files you can do it with one, and also with one
process, the only thing here is which is the reason
for use two dhcpd.conf files insted of one? (maybe
some special requeriments).

But if you really do not need to use two config files,
then you can use one and achieve the same behaivor.

Regards.

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)
--

Yahoo! Messenger