Re: Multiple routes

In article <[🔎] 20050401193907.57E13677F@ctb-mesg7.saix.net>,
Tom <tomdp@telkomsa.net> wrote:
>Could someone help with the following scenario?
>
>The LAN has two separate internet connections wit firewalls. The Debain mail
>server serves MX1&2 which is port forwarded from the firewalls respectively.
>Can I have two "default routes"  to ensure that the box will reply to
>traffic of both?

Yes. You need to give the box an extra IP address for mx2, and
change the portforwarding accordingly.

Then set up routing so that all packets originating from mx2
use the alternative default route.

Something like

# Add alternative table with alternative default gateway
ip route add default via 192.168.10.2 dev eth0 table adsl
# Then route all packets from 192.168.10.20 to 192.168.10.2
ip rule add from 192.168.10.20 pref 32700 table adsl

Mike.