Re: how do I know for certain hotplug is running ?

Justin Guerin wrote:
> Best way I know is check if /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug points to your hotplug
executable.

Hi there Justin. Thanks for helping.

In my case I know hotplug is running from the dmesg messages but what you say above does not match my system:

bob@t40:~$ ls -l /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 0 2005-04-01 09:51 /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug

as you can see it is not a link but a "regular file"

or did you mean :

bob@t40:~$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
/sbin/udevsend

In the latter case how do I know that udevsend is somethinng related to hotplug ? Look:

bob@t40:~$ dpkg -S udevsend
udev: /sbin/udevsend
udev: /usr/share/man/man8/udevsend.8.gz

Take care,