Re: Backup Scripts

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:19:03 -0500 (EST)
"Tom Allison" <tallison@tacocat.net> wrote:

> OK, I've been examining the various packages available to me for data
> backup and I was wondering if anyone might have used something like:
>
> bacula
> backupninja
> backup21
> backup-manager
>
> These are some "stock" packages I have managed to find so far.

To add to the list of recommendations for packages that aren't on your
list... :-) I prefer backuppc - it's available via apt-get as well. I
have not used any of the backup packages you listed, so I can not say
how things computer.

With BackupPC I'm currently backing up 3 Linux boxes, 1 Windows machine
and 1 iBook running OS X. It's pooling scheme is very slick!

HTH,
Jacob