Re: Restoring Keyboard and Mouse Connections

On Wednesday 30 March 2005 10:58, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> I have a KVM, the older kind, controlled with a rotary switch, that I use
> on several systems.  The keyboard and mouse connections are PS2, not usb.
>  If I switch to system C and have to reboot or power down and don't get
> the switch back to system A or B fast enough, then I sometimes lose all
> mouse and keyboard response on A or B or both.  I can still connect to
> the systems by ssh.
>
> Is there any way, through ssh, that I can get the system to start reading
> the keyboard and mouse again?  Is there some service I can restart or
> something? I'd really like to be able to reactivate the connections
> without having to reboot.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Hal

Hi Hal,

The only thing I can think of is if you are able to unload the modules that
receive keyboard and mouse input.  They might be built into the kernel,
however, in which case you can't try this route.

Does waiting until the system (C) reboots fully have any effect?

Justin Guerin