Re: VMware on Debian

Quoting Pollywog <linux-debian@shadypond.com>:

> Is VMware able to handle kernels that have version names like 2.6.10-v1 ?  It
>
> appears as though it can only handle names like 2.6.10.
>
> Every time I reboot, I need to reconfigure vmware, has anyone else had this
>
> problem in Debian?  I would ask VMware support about this, but Debian is not
>
> a supported distribution for VMware.
>
> thanks

You may want to try asking them anyway.  The two or three support people I have
talked to at VMWare run Debian for development machines and have quite a bit of
experience with it.  The just don't "support" it because its not commercial.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr