Compiling vnc2swf on Debian (testing)

Hi there,

vnc2swf is a neat little utility with which you can create "flash movies" from X sessions (it captures the screen through VNC).

Unfortunately vnc2swf is not available as a Debian package, apparentely because the ming swf generator on which it depends was removed from Debian.

I can compile both ming-0.2a and vnc2swf-0.4.2. For the latter I need to point the configure script to the libming.so dir or file ( i tried both). With the proper command-line switch set, it does compile properly. However, when I try to run vnc2swf after compilation it aborts with the error:

./vnc2swf: error while loading shared libraries: libming.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

However, I did set the proper command-line option and I tried various options like setting $PATH to the proper dir etc

Did anyone get it working? Any clue what isgoing wrong?

Thands in advance,

Regards,

Iwan van der Kleyn