Re: motherboard battery

I have an old box I built back in 95 with an Abit mobo. It "died" about two years ago. Two weeks ago I resurrected it after it had been OFF, unplugged and in pieces for those two years. Fired it up and the clock was dead on. go figure.

john gennard wrote:
The boxes I have are all self built and I rarely
upgrade the cpu and motherboards.

One mobo is 5 years old and another almost 4.

I've never had a battery fail and wonder how long
I can expect one to last. I realise there are lots
of factors involved, but am curious about the experiences
of others. I don't leave my machines on permanently
and generally switch on/off three times a day and have
each off for a total of 18 hours.

John.