Re: replace command package

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 03:29:38PM +0200, Gorazd Brumen wrote:
> can anyone tell me in which package there is a replace command?

*Lots* of packages. This is best answered with this command:

dpkg-query -S replace

I see one replace command that is installed on my system:
/usr/bin/replace which is in package mysql-server.

$ whatis replace
replace (1) - A utility program that is used by msql2mysql, but that
has more general applicability as well. replace changes strings in
place in files or on the standard input. Uses a finite state machine
to match longer strings first. Can be used to swap strings.

I hope that is what you mean.

Public GnuPG key: keyserver.net ID 0x1735C5C2
"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill