Re: SCSI, ATAPI and burners

Paolo Alexis Falcone wrote:
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:11:57 -0600, Jim Hall <volunteer@revealed.net> wrote:

In Sarge, all of the installed burner packages are having problems. Some
of the docs say I should define the burner as a SCSI device because
ATAPI is a form of SCSI.

The installer asked if I had SCSI devices. Should I have said "Yes" (for
the sake of future installs)?

2.6 kernels already have native ATAPI support.

Since I used the default 2.4 kernel, I can only use a 2.6 kernel on this system if it's fairly safe (repeat: safe) to switch.

Anyway, attaching a SCSI device in the future is straight-forward
enough that it doesn't warrant reinstallation procedures.

I wasn't considering actual future SCSI devices or reinstallation, only the posibility that if I had said yes to the SCSI option when I installed, I wouldn't be asking this question now.

Jim