Re: compiling kernel problem

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 03:44:58PM +0000, tom mccaffery wrote:
> How do I get rid of timestamp adding to kernel, Im thinking thats the
> problem why I cant compile kernel.

There is a Debian package for kernel compiling which produces a Debian
kernel binary package. I have used it several times and found it to be
much easier than 'roll your own' . Try it. It will do whatever time
stamping is necessary correctly for you. In Sarge, the package is
named kernel-package.

There is a lot of picky detail to generating a kernel image that is
suitable for booting a Debian computer. This package addresses that
picky detail. Use it.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net