Re: Mysql on debian sarge.

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:25:31 +0000, Rhys Hardwick
<rhys@rhyshardwick.co.uk> wrote:
> Hey there all.  I have a couple of problems with mysql.
>
> I installed mysql4 in debian sarge, and then copied my old mysql files
> in the data dir.  Unfortunately, this removed the user debian-sys-maint.
>   I try to add this user, but have no idea what the password should be,
> and so I am getting error messages all the time.

The debian-sys-maint password that the debian scripts use is listed in
/etc/mysql/debian.cnf

Your other error seems odd, /etc/mysql/debian-start is included in the
mysql-server package.  If it was installed from a normal apt-get
install, then it should be there... if not, apt-get --reinstall
install mysql-server to get all the files back in place.

--
~ Darryl  ~ smartssa@gmail.com
http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com