Re: cups freezing in sarge

Hannuman Bull wrote:

> I just installed debian sarge on my PC last week. I'm having trouble
> getting CUPS to work. When I try to add printers using the Control
> Center, the printer section just freezes on me.  I've read through a few
> howtos on printing without any success. I need to print to a networked
> HP printer and a laserjet through samba. Any suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Hannuman

I have seen the same problem here: my local network has two PC's, two
networked printers and a router with broadband internet access.

My Motorola modem has a button that disconnects from the internet.  If the
modem is enabled, the kde printmanager works fine.  If I disable the modem
with the magic button, printmanager stalls if I try to add a new printer.

If we were talking about that other O/S, I'd say printmanager is just
phoning home.

Maybe my printmanager wants to install *your* printer on *my* LAN via the
internet!

Roby