Re: logitech mx510

Roberto Winter wrote:
FIXED!
Sorry everybody! The link I sent had the answer to all my problems.
On Debian the XF86Config-4 should be:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Logitech MX510"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Dev Name"      "Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse"
        Option          "Device"        "/dev/input/mouse0"
        Option          "Protocol"      "evdev"
        Option          "Buttons"       "10"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping"  "9 10"
        Option          "Resolution"    "800"
EndSection

note that there's no "Dev Phys" Option.
And you also have to compile the evdev module on the kernel. Then do:
# echo "evdev" >> /etc/modules

Hi,

I also bought this mouse recently. And going by the instructions at http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=46 I see that I have the evedev module loaded.

user@localhost:~$ lsmod | grep evdev
evdev                   9504  0

I did the changes to the XF86Config-4 as:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse[0]"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "evdev"
        Option        "Dev Name" "PS2++ Logitech MX Mouse"
        Option        "Dev Phys" "isa0060/serio1/input0"
        Option        "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "Buttons" "10"
        Option        "ZAxisMapping" "9 10"
        Option      "Resolution" "800"
EndSection

However, the buttons 6,7 (arrows for thumb), 8,9 (buttons besides wheel) and the button 10 just copy the functions of other buttons for me, with #10 not showing anything. Button 10 doesn't show me anything when using xev too!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
/KS