Re: History

Ron Johnson wrote:

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 12:42 -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
Hodgins Family wrote:
Good morning!

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 16:20 +0000, Joel Merrick wrote:

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 16:53 +0100, lars ebeling wrote:
[snip]
I heard a story (not sure if it's true) about a server at a
university that was walled in during a remodelling and was not
found until four or five years later when they decided they
needed to do something (upgrade memory, or whatever) to the
machine.  Supposedly, they found it be tracing the network
cable and then found it ran behind a wall.  Also, supposedly
the machine want unnoticed for so long because it never needed
to reboot or anything like that.

Am I the only person to think that this sounds like the Edgar Allan
Poe story THE CASK OF AMONTILLADO?

Besides, it would get pretty hot in that little walled-off closet.

I first heard this story on /. a long time ago.

Dustin D. Cook, A+
dcook32p@htcomp.net