Re: bash profile not sourced under X

Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
I'm running Debian Sarge, with GDM launching X. I've noticed that
changes to PATH and TZ as set in ~/.bash_profile aren't taking effect
under X. They work fine in a normal login on a VT, but not under GDM.

Is there something that needs to be changed to have GDM execute the
profile at login? I'm thinking that, for whatever reason, bash is never
treated as a login shell under GDM the way it is on my Red Hat boxes.

In gnome-terminal, under Edit->Current Profile->Title and Command,
you can tell it to run as a login shell.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr