Re: History

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:50:34 -0500
jeff <smaug9@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:42:28 -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez
<roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:

I heard a story (not sure if it's true) about a server at a
university that was walled in during a remodelling and was not
found until four or five years later when they decided they
needed to do something (upgrade memory, or whatever) to the
machine.  Supposedly, they found it be tracing the network
cable and then found it ran behind a wall.  Also, supposedly
the machine want unnoticed for so long because it never needed
to reboot or anything like that.

I heard the story, also, about a novell server.
This is the only link I could find, so far:
http://nl2.vnunet.com/comment/1161122

This link likes the uptime to be seven or eight years:
http://www.networkcomputing.com/1119/1119f1products_2.html

Hmm, no-one seems to know which university it was or which years it was. Sounds like a candidate for snopes.com to me...