Net install question

Hi.

I'm a Linux newbie. Did my first install about a month ago using the Knoppix 3.7 disk. It's been an interesting experience! :)

Due to my tinkering, I think I broke something. I decided to try a net install of Debian Sarge and downloaded the iso... long time as I've only got an analogue modem.

Now, my question is, what do I have to do to the cached .debs I have to make them available after the original install from the Sarge disk? I'd rather not have to download them all again, if they're already available on my disk!

I've seen a number of questions since I joined this list that are quite close to what I want, but not quite. I've done Google searches of both the net and the Debian-users list and scoured the FAQs on the Debian site and I'm just confused.

I *think* the way forward would be to use apt-move to make a new local pool, but when I run that I get an error message about "obsolete 64 bit headers" perhaps encoding? Or is there a simpler way? Simple == good! :)

Siemens Xpert7000
PII 350MHz
160MB RAM
20GB hd (for Debian)
dual boot WinME on 4GB hd (for safety net while I get Debian working then *poof* she goes!)

If you need any more info, just ask. I'm not sure of everything I should tell you...

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.