Re: mousewheels 2.4.x vs 2.6.x

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi!

I have an A4Tech Optical Mouse.

It has 2 mousewheels.

Using same XF86Config-4:

On 2.4.x I can use both wheels.

On 2.6.x only the upper one.

Can anybody give me a clue where to start looking in order to fix this?

The answer was provided by Aivils Stoss.
I repeat it here for those who might encounter the same problem.

There is a program the reports all there is to report on events:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/linuxconsole/ruby/utils/evtest.c

It needs an event device as parameter. E.g. ./evtest /dev/input/event4

The program showed that the event device for the mouse in question did not exist.

I did a mknod event4 c 13 68 and voilá.

Now I had to change XF86Config-4 to use evdev:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  	"Mouse0"
	Driver      	"mouse"
	Option 		"Protocol" 		"evdev"
	Option 		"Dev Phys"	"usb-0000:00:07.2-2/input0"
	Option 		"Device"      		"/dev/input/mouse0br"
 	Option      	"Buttons"       	"5"
	Option      	"ZAxisMapping"  	"6 7 4 5"
EndSection

That gives me vertical scrolling on the lower wheel. Horizontal ("Back" and "Forward" on the upper wheel.

Works like a dream.

HTH