OT: Where to find kernel/glibc/ld.so memory management info

Sorry for the off topic post.  In my defense, the box I will use the
info on does run Debian :)

I'm looking for a good source of information (documents and something
interactive like a mailing list or IRC) on how memory management is
handled by the kernel, glibc, ld.so, etc.  For example, I'd like to
find out how shared libs are mapped into a process' address space when
the process starts and how whether another process is already using
the library affects the procedure.

Anyone know where to look?

Thanks,

--