Re: Debian on a Dell SCSI server

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 11:43:15AM -0000, Peter King wrote:
> I am trying to install Debian (Sarge) onto a new Dell SC420 SCSI server.
>
> The server has an Adaptec 39320 SCSI controller with a 73GB SCSI 320 hard
> drive.
>
> None of the install ISO that I have found seem to see the SCSI controller.
>
> I have even tried the one from
> http://wiki.osuosl.org/display/LNX/Debian+on+Dell+Servers
>
> Does anyone have a floppy image with the driver on that I can use during the
> install (please let me know which install CD to use).

  When I have tried the new installer a long time ago, and used
floppies, I had to use one of the drivers floppies to get another
SCSI controller recognized. In my case it is 2940. I never tried the
isos though.
  Tow other things:
1) Perhaps you must install with the expert method in order to get asked
   about this?
2) Have you asked on debian-boot?