Re: Printing PDF from FireFox

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 19:05 +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
> Greg Folkert wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 18:56 +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
> >
> >>Doh ! I was sure it was there :)
> >>
> >>What package(s) is my sid machine missing to get a Print to PDF function
> >>in my Firefox browser ?
> >

> > If you can see the PDF in Firefox:
> >
> > 	Are you using XPDF, GPDF, AcroRead v5.x, AcroRead v7, What?
> >
> > Get back us on that.
>

> Wow Greg ! That was an instant support !! :)
>
> Yes, I see PDFs as FF launches gpdf (BTW I do not really like the way it
> renders fonts !).
>
> Here are the relevant packages.
>
> bob@t40:~$ dpkg -l |grep pdf
> ii  gpdf           2.8.2-1.1      Portable Document Format (PDF) viewer
> ii  xpdf-common    3.00-12        Portable Document Format (PDF) suite
> -- comm
> ii  xpdf-utils     3.00-12        Portable Document Format (PDF) suite
> -- util

Well, you have to print from gpdf. a right click on the screen should
tell you what you want to do. Not from FireFox. The full application is
running wrapped in FireFox.

If not, then use XPDF. and it will definitely do that. I Like XPDF much
better than anything else, it just works the way I have for many years.

Although, AcroRead v7 shouldn't be bad either, but I'll wait until some
builds a package installer for it, like Christian Marillat.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster: Linux