Re: symlinked /tmp

Brooks R. Robinson wrote:
| Is there some problem I cannot foresee scrapping my /tmp filesystem and
| symlinking /tmp to /var/tmp ?

IIRC, /tmp gets wiped on boot while /var/tmp doesn't.  Since /tmp is
symlinked to /var/tmp, /var/tmp will get wiped.  So, if you're using
/var/tmp for something a little less temporary than /tmp, you'll have
issues.  There was a rant a while ago about someone who did this and lost a
butt load of data becuase it got wiped.  Caveat Emptor!

Brooks
Thanks Brooks. This is the kind of info I was looking for.

Bob