Re: will gcc 4.0 be compiled for sarge?

Rogério Brito wrote:
On Mar 18 2005, Paolo Alexis Falcone wrote:

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:42:54 -0500, Kamaraju Kusumanchi
<kk288@cornell.edu> wrote:

Any ideas/guesses/expectations?

Highly doubtful, considering it ain't even released yet.

If I recall correctly, it has a version packaged on experimental, though,
if the original poster wants to get his feet wet.

Oh, it is infact available in sid under the package "gcc-snapshot".

I actually wanted to build .deb package for mpich2 and was wondering whether to compile it against gfortran or g77. gfortran supports both fortran 90 and fortran 77. So it would be ideal to compile it against gfortran. But if if is not available in testing, then do I have to compile one for testing (with g77) and one for unstable (with gfortran)?

thanks
raju