Re: Starting X on host while SSH'd in to the box

Are you possibly looking for /etc/init.d/gdm start (xdm, kdm...?).  IIRC X
disallows remote xserver connections by default(security issue perhaps), so
you have to enable it via a command line option or in the xf86config, but I
couldnt begin to tell you what it is.

On Wednesday March 16 2005 5:25 pm, Thomas Adam wrote:
> --- William Ballard <nospam_50307@alltel.net> wrote:
> > How can I start X on a remote host while I'm SSH'd into the box?
> > (After I do that I can use x11vnc to remotely manipulate the
> > mouse/keyboard.)
>
> Isn't that what sdm is for?
>
> -- Thomas Adam
>
> "The Linux Weekend Mechanic" -- http://linuxgazette.net
> "TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net
>
> "<shrug> We'll just save up your sins, Thomas, and punish
> you for all of them at once when you get better. The
> experience will probably kill you. :)"
>
>  -- Benjamin A. Okopnik (Linux Gazette Technical Editor)

Bill Day

"A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he can give and
ever wanted.."
http://counter.li.org #384146  284016