Re: PowerBook 12" FireWire kernel

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 22:10 +0000, Chris Boot wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a small favour to ask of someone who has a PowerPC box running
> Debian, and who can build me a kernel package.
>
> Basically, I've installed Debian on a FireWire hard drive, and although
> it's installed fine it didn't install YAboot. I've got the right
> commands to boot the kernel, but then of course it can't mount the root
> FS since it doesn't have the FireWire modules. So what I'm asking is
> could someone mail me (privately of course) a Debian kernel package
> with FireWire built-in so I can boot?
>
> I've got a PowerBook G4 12" 1GHz, if that helps.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
> Chris

Hi
First off im sorry i dont know how to help your problem but i wondered
if you could help me, im looking at buying the exact same powerbook as
yourself and i wondered how you got around the wireless issue (if you
using wireless that is?) do you just do without or do you use a usb
wireless device?

Cheers
| Glyn Tebbutt |                d3c3it-linux@ntlworld.com |
|--------------'      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it |
| gpg-key: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it/d3c3it.gpg |
|           Lisa, if we conserve the environmentalist win |
|                                          -Homer Simpson |