Re: remote CD burning

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 11:37, Leonardo Francalanci wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a debian box with no X client. It has a CD burner.
> Can I burn CDs from another debian PC?
>

> Thank you in advance
>

> Leonardo

  hello Leonardo

  I have set up a box for remote burning cds. All the command work on the
remote box is done over ssh. So the first step is to get ssh setup on the two
boxs. When thats done apt-get install proftpd and apt-get install cdrecord
on the remote box. Then use md5sum on the image.iso that you will be ftp to
the remote box. md5sum image-name .iso > image-name
So now you have the image-name.iso and image-name  file.
Then ftp these two things up to the remote box, run md5sum again on the
image-name.iso with a different out put fle name.
md5sum image-name.iso > image-image2  The diff command is being used  so that
the integrity of the image.iso can be check after the ftp work.
diff  image-name image-image2  and if all gone well there be not error out put
from diff.
Now have a look at this link to help with cdrecord,
http://www.joreybump.com/code/howto/debian/cdr.html
 All so life will easyer if you install the 2.6 kernel on the remote box.
Reason being you will not have the need the setup scsi emulation for the
burner with the 2.6 kernel. With the 2.4 kernel you need the setup scsi
emulation.

  all the best

                      peter colton