Re: cdrecord: no blanking of CD-RW possible

Walther, Christoph wrote:
Hi Debian-User-List,

on my Sarge-Box, booted with 2.4.27-Kernel, my cdrecord doesn't work properly:

W9Y01652:~# cdrecord -v -v -v -blank=fast -dev=0,6,0 >/tmp/cdrecord_blank_fast_iso1.out

From the manpage:

blank=type
Blank a CD-RW and exit or blank a CD-RW before writing. The blanking type may be one of:
       help        Display a list of possible blanking types.
all Blank the entire disk. This may take a long time. fast Minimally blank the disk. This results in erasing the PMA, the TOC and the pregap.

etc....

Looks like you should use: blank=fast instead of -blank=fast.

HTH