Installing debian. no CD drive, no floppy

Hello,

I have to install debian on a notebook that has neither CD nor floppy
drives. There is an external CD drive but there is no possibility to
boot from it. The computer has Windows XP in it so I can user some disk
partitioning software to make space for my Debian. My question is how to
start debian install? I'm thinking of installing debian on other machine
and cloning the partition over the network. Is there anyone who has done
something similar? Any recommended tools for linux and windows for that
purpose?

Thanks

--
Gediminas Aleknavicius