Firestarter & A Newbie's Server

Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up a Debian (Woody) server for my home network
and want to setup the initial iptables rules with Firestarter. Now my
question is, I want to keep my server to the minimum with limited X
functionality, so what's the best way to be able to run Firestarter? I can
ssh into the box from another Linux machine.

I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to this sort of thing so any help would
be gladly appreciated. Even just some google direction would help.

Thanks,

Byron

P.S. Yes, I know Sarge is reasonably stable, and more up to date, but I'm
behind a 56k line, have a full set of Woody CD's and don't feel like
spending too much time on apt-get upgrade's ;-).