Re: courier and postfix

Hi Tom,

Im a little confused on how this works,
What do you mean? Postfix in general? Courier in general?

Ok say my hostname is servix and my domain is servix.com what do I put in as the server name to receive mail?
If you are talking about configuring postfix, maybe the answer is: myhostname=servix.servix.com

and whats my SMTP server?
What do you mean? Are you asking about what is a SMTP server in general? If yes: Answer: The daemon process which accepts email to relay or deliver via SMTP protocol. This could be postfix or courier-mta, depending on your configuration. Courier, however, can do more things beyond that: IMAP, POP, ... So it is possible to use postfix as the Mail Transfer Agent (MTA or SMTP-Server) together with courier as IMAP or POP server.

(Try to be a little bit more precise with your questions.)

Regards
Michael