Re: XPI: FireFox extension installation

hsrai@gndec.ac.in wrote:
I could install All-in-One Gestures 0.12.4I could install and easyGestures 2.14, First I installed as root with intension to make it avilable to all user. But it was not so.

Are we install it for each user separately?

Even, If I keep downloaded file on local server, if could not install it from that.

How to install local .XPI file?

Installing a local xpi extention file for Firefox can be accomplished by using command line options described at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/extensions/commandlineoptions.html

However, I'm not sure if official deb package of Firefox will allow it or not. I say so because the extension update mechanism for debian Firefox is not the same as official version. (Can someone fill in here?)

/KS