Re: Acrobat 7.0 for linux is out

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 19:12, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> Considering it is a commercial app, that is probably smart of them.
> For example, I have Neverwinter Nights and it includes SDL (though
> it checks an environment variable to see if you want to use your
> system's version).
>
> Besides, if you don't like it, edit the acroread shell script and
> tell it to look elsewhere for the libs.  Then you can manage the
> libraries however you like.
>
> Like it or not, this is a trend we will see increasingly as
> commercial vendors ship Linux versions of their software.  Basically,
> they ship everything except for libc.

Having all the needed libraries is a plus. Having to install them as
duplicates is not. It seems that the install script should be able to handle
this. To hand edit that shell script and./or replace all that stuff with
symlinks is a bit much.

Besides, do not we all know that disk space, memory and other resources are
unlimited :-)