Re: Debian drops mainframe

Ron Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 18:52 -0500, Michael Z Daryabeygi wrote:

John Hasler wrote:
> Debian hasn't dropped anything.  It's a _proposal_.

thanks, I can read folks.

If you can read, why did you write "drops", which means "it has
already happened"? Unless you are ESOL who doesn't have a good grasp of English...

I wasn't the original poster.
And since I posted that, a third person posted essentially the same message pointing out the subject line is wrong. It's a bad subject line, I didn't write it. Oh well.

But apparently you can't read. Because in bold face type at the top of the target page of the link, it states, "Debian Drops Mainframe". Yet you still wondered...

And it would be, "are _an_ ESOL...". Because one could not be "English for Speakers of Other Languages" while "an ESOL" could be short for an "ESOL student".

"drops" does not mean, "has dropped". You are just used to interpreting news headlines that way. "Drops" means, "is dropping". Still not factually correct in this case, but a speculation that may or may not pan out. And you did not mean to put "it has already happened" in quotes, while I did because quotes imply, "literally".

I guess I will just have to wait to get the scoop on the significance of this proposal. Or drop in on debian-devel as the only helpful poster to this thread suggested.

Well thanks for the help with procrastinating Ron.

I apologize to the list for the useless message.