Re: kismet and wifi probing

Bob Alexander <bob@ngi.it> wrote:

> Well I am ashamed to say that really nothing special... worked almost
> just out of the box.

All right! Yup, kismet now supports a *lot* more cards than when I last
looked, including the madwifi_ab (which I have as well).

I added "signal" and "signalbar" to the columns variable, but these were
always 0 and a full bar respectively. Are these known not to be working?

I set sound to true, soundplay to /usr/bin/esdplay and while "sudo
esdplay /path/to/various/sound/files" worked, I didn't hear any sounds.
On the other hand, I set speech to true and got sound but will need to
configure festival to s-l-o-w d-o-w-n. I had once done that with a
.festivalrc of:

  (Parameter.set 'Audio_Command "esdcat -r $SR $FILE")
  (Parameter.set 'Audio_Method 'Audio_Command)
  (Parameter.set 'Duration_Stretch 2)

but perhaps this syntax is old or kismet is otherwise not using it. Any
leads on configuring festival, from kismet or otherwise?